I’m sorry to all the hardcore Brother Bear and Home on the Range fans (yes, all three of you), but we’re combining both Brother Bear and Home on the Range. Neither had very much food, and only one of them had makeable food. (Brother Bear had some raw salmon, but you can eat some of the salmon you use for your Monster’s Inc sushi). Nevertheless, we made some really great chili from Home on the Range! This was actually my first time watching Home on the Range. It wasn’t as bad as everyone has put it out to be. But now I have officially seen all of the Walt Disney Studios animated movies! Yay!
Home on the Range
Alameda Slimmin’ Chili
This is only briefly shown when Alameda Slim and the Willie Brothers take a herd. Alameda Slim shoots down some chili-ish stuff that is cooking over an open fire.
We already made Cowboy Beans, so now it’s time for Cowboy Chili!
- 1.5 lbs. ground beef
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, diced (deseeded for milder taste)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon whiskey
- 3 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups water
- 2 (14.5) can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can of stewed tomatoes
- 2 cans of drained kidney beans
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- Brown ground beef.
- Add onion, peppers, garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the whiskey and cook for 5 minutes
- Add salt, pepper, water, crushed tomatoes, stewed tomatoes, beans, chili powder, cayenne and cumin.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer 30 min.
Even though Brother Bear and Home on the Range aren’t the best Disney movies, and even though they didn’t have much food, the chili was really good.
Chili – 8/10