We’re back with some more space-aged foods from Lilo and Stitch! So get your ohana together and get cooking!
- Peanut butter sandwich
- Mint chip ice cream
- Burnt brown something
- Pink stuff in blender
- Orange juice
- Pepperoni pizza
- Hamburger –
- Jelly Sandwich
- Pink snow cones
- Pink and blue drinks
- Coconut drink
- Sweet potato mush
- Black Forrest cake with cherry
- Weird green polkadot drum sticks
- Shrimp with pineapple
- Purple drinks
- Coffee in bottle
- Can of soda?
- Lots of fruits and veggies
- Strawberry soda
- Massive chocolate cake
We see a tourist eating a hamburger in one of Lilo’s amazing pictures
This could be any type of McDonalds drive through burger, but we’re in Hawaii! Lets make some Pineapple Teriyaki Burgers!
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 packet onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki marinade
- 1 (8-ounce) can pineapple rings, drained, juice reserved
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 lime finely grated
- 8 Strips of Bacon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon wasabi paste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon teriyaki sauce
- 4 burger buns
- Lettuce, tomato, onion, and other burger toppings
- Combine the ground beef, soup mix, teriyaki marinade mix and 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- In a seperate bowl, combine the sugar and lime shavings. Mix well.
- Dip the pineapple rings into the sugar/lime mix.
- Form 4 patties
- Season the burgers with salt and pepper
- Grill along side of the the pineapple.
- Cook until meat as at desired browning and the pineapple is golden brown
- Mix mayo, wasabi, soy sauce and teriyaki sauce
- Serve on toasted buns, topped with wasabi/teriyaki mayo.
Lilo’s Mashed Sweet Potatoes
When Lilo is waiting on her sister, before she has the yummy cake, her sister takes away a half-eaten plate of mashed sweet potatoes, that Lilo supposedly likes.
- 6 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add potatoes and cook until tender (~30min)
- Whip the potatoes together with the milk, coconut milk and butter.
- Blend until smooth
Pink Snow Cones
In the montage of Lilo and Stitch becoming friends, Lilo brings Stitch a pink snow cone.
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 package pink koolaid
- 12 cubes of ice
- In a saucepan, stir together the sugar and water.
- Bring to a boil, and boil for about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat, and stir in the drink mix. Allow to cool
- Blend the ice until crushed
- Pour flavor over ice.
More Tropical Drinks
When Jumba and Pleakley are spying at Nani’s work, we see Pleakley with a coconut drink.
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbs lime juice
- 1 tbs lemon-lime soda
- 1/2 cup lychee juice
- Add the ingredients to a cup with ice starting with the lychee juice, then coconut milk, the soda and finish with the lime juice
- Serve in a empty coconut if desired
- 1 liter lemon-lime juice
- 1/4 gallon raspberry sherbet
- 1/2 can frozen pink lemonade
- 2 cups of water
- 6 oz raspberries
- Mix all the ingredients, then add the raspberries.
- You may add more water if desired to delute
Lilo’s MASSIVE Birthday Cake
At the end of the movie, stitch makes Lilo a HUGE birthday cake.
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 1/4 tsp creme of tartar
- 1 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 3/8 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 3/8 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 c. water
- 1 c. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 c.butter
- 1/2 c. unsweetened cocoa
- 3/8 c. cornstarch
- 1/2 c. water
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350º F
- Grease a 9x13 square pan
- Beat the egg whites at a high speed until frothy, then add the creme of tartar
- Beat at a medium-low speed until soft peaks form
- Add 1/2 cup sugar (8 tbs) 1 tablespoon at a time until stiff peaks form
- Set aside
- In another bowl, sift together the dry ingredients
- Add the oil, milk and egg yolks and beat until smooth.
- Fold in the egg whites
- Pour the batter into the pan
- Cook for 30 minutes.
- Cool and then slice the cake in half so you have 2 equal squares, then cut each of those squares in half across the depth of the cake. You should have 4 layers now.
- In a saucepan over medium heat
- whisk together water, sugar, salt, butter and cocoa.
- Bring to a boil.
- In a mixing bowl combine cornstarch and water.
- Whisk into cocoa mixture stirring constantly until mixture thickens.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Pour frosting over cake, 1 layer at a time, while still hot; spread evenly with a spatula.
All of the foods this week were amazing. mmm
Hamburger – 10/10
Mashed Sweet Potatoes – 8.5/10
Pink Snow Cones – 8/10
Coconut Drink – 7/10
Purple Punch – 8.5/10
Massive Chocolate Cake – 10/10