I was super excited to do Lilo and Stitch. I love Hawaiian food and assumed that Lilo and Stitch would have lots of Hawaiian food in it. I was wrong. It did have quite a bit of food in it, but no real Hawaiian food. I kinda took some liberties of the less specific foods to Hawaiianize them. Since there was so much food, we’re splitting this up into 2 weeks!
- Peanut butter sandwich
- Mint chip ice cream
- Burnt brown something
- Pink stuff in blender
- Orange juice
- Pepperoni pizza
- Hamburger –
- Jelly Sandwich
- Pink snow cones
- Pink and blue drinks
- Coconut drink
- Sweet potato mush
- Black Forrest cake with cherry
- Weird green polkadot drum sticks
- Shrimp with pineapple
- Purple drinks
- Coffee in bottle
- Can of soda?
- Lots of fruits and veggies
- Strawberry soda
- Massive chocolate cake
Burnt Loco Moco
The first time Cobra Bubbles comes to visit, something brown is burning on the stove.
It doesn’t really say what was on the stove. I could make anything that was just brown. But I decided to make Loco Moco, which is a Hawaiian dish with gravy (assuming the gravy was on the stove)
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 3 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 pound ground beef (80/20 blend)
- 1/4 cup diced Maui onion
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Canola oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped cremini mushrooms
- 1/4 cup diced Maui onion
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Canola oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, for garnish, optional
- 1/4 cup seeded and diced Roma tomato, for garnish, optional
- For the rice: Wash the rice under cold running water until the water runs clear. In a medium saucepot over high heat, bring the chicken broth to boil. Add the rice, cover and reduce the heat to low for about 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and let stand for 5 minutes. (Alternatively, add both the rinsed rice and the chicken broth to a rice cooker and turn the machine on - it will keep the rice warm until ready to serve.) Fluff with a fork and cover. Keep warm until ready for use.
- For the burgers: Mix the ground beef, onions and some salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl. Form 4 medium patties and set aside.
- Set a large cast-iron pan over high heat. Add a drizzle of canola oil and set the patties in the pan. Cover pan with a lid (or a second pan) to seal in the moisture and ensure juicy patties. Cook until well browned on first side, 3 to 4 minutes. Then remove the lid, flip over, replace the lid and continue cooking to desired doneness, about 3 minutes for medium-rare. Remove the burgers and keep warm.
- For the gravy: Add the butter to the pan with the drippings. Saute the mushrooms and onions until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add the beef broth and Worcestershire sauce, bring to a boil and reduce down for 2 to 3 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix the cornstarch with 1 tablespoons water to make a smooth paste. Slowly add into the gravy, stirring constantly until thickened. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and keep warm until ready for use.
- For the eggs: Add some canola oil to a nonstick saute pan over medium heat. Crack in the eggs and cook sunny-side up, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove and keep warm. (You can flip the eggs over-easy if you want them cooked a little more.)
- To serve: Place the cooked rice on a plate, place the burgers on top, then the eggs and finally the gravy. Garnish with parsley and tomato if desired.
- Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/guy-fieri/loco-moco-recipe.html?oc=linkback
Devoured Pineapple Shrimp
At the place where Nani works, it shows some shrimp that was left on a plate when stitch was biting Pleakley’s head
So we make some yummy pineapple shrimp.
- 2 tbs cornstarch
- 2 tbs cold water
- 1 can (8 ounce size) pineapple chunks
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 slice (1-inch size) fresh ginger, minced
- 2 pounds medium shrimp, shelled and cleaned
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Stir the cornstarch into cold water and set aside. Drain the pineapple, reserving the juice.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil and saute the garlic and ginger briefly over medium high heat. Add the shrimp, raise the heat, and cook until the shrimp turns white and opaque.
- Remove shrimp
- Add the orange, pineapple and lemon juices to the wok and cook over high heat for 2 minutes. Add the pineapple chunks.
- Stir the cornstarch mixture, add to the skillet and stir over medium high heat for a few minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Add shrimp back in and cook for another minute or two
- Serve over rice
Pink Berry Smoothie
This was shown a few scenes, a blender with pink stuff in it.
We made a strawberry smoothie.
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt (plain)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tbs white sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 5-7 cubes of ice
- Place all the ingredients into a blender and blend
Pleakley and Jumba are shown drinking some pink and blue drinks
We made some virgin versions
Cuddles on the Beach
- 3 ounces cranberry juice
- 3 ounces grapefruit juice
- 2 ounces peach nectar
- Mix all the ingredients, starting with the cranberry juice
- 3 fl oz blue cream soda
- 2 fl oz coconut cream
- 2 fl oz pineapple juice
- 1 fl oz lime juice
- 2-3 cubes of ice
- Place ingredients in a blender and blend until the ice is crushed.
Stitch’s Second-hand Black Forest Cake
I love this scene. Lilo and Stitch each get some yummy cake (why they would give chocolate cake to a supposed dog is beyond me…). Stitch eats both pieces and then spits them out and fixes them up.
We made a really good Black Forest Cake with a video to accompany!
- 2 1/8 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups white sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 8-10 maraschino cherries
- Preheat oven to 350
- Grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix completely
- Add eggs, milk oil and 1 tbs vanilla
- Beat until uniformly blended
- Pour into cake pans
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Combine vanilla, whipping cream and confectioner's sugar into a chilled bowl
- Beat until stiff peaks form.
- You may add 1/2 tsp cream of tatar to help peaks form
- Let cakes cool
- Frost the top of one of them, then add a generous amount of cherry pie filling
- Place the second cake on top and cover it all with frosting
- Add the maraschino cherries around the top
- Chill before serving for best results. You may reserve some pie filling to add to each slice.
Everything was really really good. I really loved the cake. Especially chilled. The shrimp kinda fell flat. I wasn’t super happy with the sauce. The drink mixes were really good though.
Loco Moco – 8/10
Berry Smoothie – 8/10
Pineapple Shrimp – 6.5/10
Cuddles on the Beach – 9/10
Blue Hawaiian – 7.5/10
Black Forest Cake – 10/10