Good Dinosaur is by far the most disappointing Disney/Pixar movie for me. I LOVE dinosaurs and have since I was little. When I heard that they were making a movie starring dinosaurs, and answering the question “What if the meteor never hit,” my mind raced with all the awesome possibilities this movie could contain. And then the movie came out…and it was a sloppy, generic boy and “dog” movie with dinosaurs for some reason. The fact that they were dinosaurs didn’t really even show in the movie. They could have been gorillas and the movie would have been the same.
That all said, it wasn’t a HORRIBLE movie, but I’d actually say its on par with Home on the Range.
Cowboy Dinosaur Corn
So, they don’t actually show the dinosaurs eat their harvest.
But here’s a Good Dinosaur inspired recipe. Cowboy Dinosaur Corn
- 4 slices of bacon
- 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 16 oz Corn
- 1/2 c flour
- 1 egg
- Up to 1/2 cup of whole milk
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- Kosher salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- Fresh herbs, such as parsley, to garnish, optional
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet.
- Remove the bacon, but leave the drippings
- Crumble the bacon and set aside.
- Mix the eggs, flour, salt, pepper and milk
- Mix in the corn until well mixed
- Melt the butter in the drippings
- Drop in the battered corn and fry until golden brown, flip to fry the other side
- Break up the golden corn inside the skillet (it usually will just stick together)
- Add the bacon and cook for a bit longer on a lower heat before serving.
The corn was pretty good. Nothing amazing, but a good side.
Dino Corn – 6.8/10