Quick links: Baked Bananas | Verdict
<insert Tarzan yell> Yes, this week was the beloved Tarzan movie. It is a great movie and Phil Collins has a way of tugging at heartstrings with his music. There are lots of fruits shown in Tarzan but, sadly, there weren’t any recipes shown in this film that you couldn’t have gleamed from Jungle Book (including ants). But don’t you fear Disney Mealers, we came up with a recipe for you guys anyway.
Terk’s Baked Bananas
Based on the geography of Tarzan, one can conclude that the movie takes place somewhere around current Gabon in West Africa. So I took one of the foods shown in the movie (bananas) and found an authentic Gabonese dish to make. Turns out that they have a fried/baked banana dessert. I LOVE fried bananas. I couldn’t pass this one up.
Terk's Baked Banans
Write a review
- 8 yellow bananas, not overripe
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs (Panko)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- brown sugar to dust
- Nutella (optional and not authentic)
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Slice each banana into 3 equal parts
- In a small bowl, beat the egg and orange juice
- Place the bread crumbs on a plate or a flat dish
- Dip each banana piece into the egg/orange juice and then roll them in the bread crumbs
- Heat oil on medium high and fry the bananas until they are a golden brown all over.
- Transfer the bananas to a cookie sheet
- Place in the oven and bake for about 5 minutes.
- Let cool slightly and top with sour cream and brown sugar (or nutella)
- Enjoy warm.
Will You Be In My Heart?
The baked bananas were amazing. You can serve them with Nutella or sour cream as shown in the recipe. Here’s a picture of them with Nutella.
I highly recommend them.
Baked Bananas – 10/10
3 thoughts on “Tarzan – Baked Jungle Bananas”
This one soooooo needs to be made into one of those “Tasty” videos.
Very cool. I wonder if I could bake plantains in a similar fashion…avoid the frying.
I’ve actually been thinking of starting to make some video content. This would be a good start. And it would be interesting to try with plantains.
Video content would not be a bad idea. There is a lot of food channels on you tube, and it would give a visual on how you make these tasty dishes. Also, it gives you an opportunity to gain more subscribers. 🙂