Quick links: Rat-sized Cheesecake | Ms. Ego’s Ratatouille | Remy’s Ratatouille | Verdict
It’s the last week of Ratatouille. Man, that was a marathon. But we saved the best for last! We made 2 ratatouille dishes and some cheesecake. It was all amazing. It totally made up for the tragedy of last week haha. Also to make up for the lack of videos recently, we made TWO videos! WHOA! So sit back and enjoy the last week of Ratatouille!
Also, for more awesome stuff, check out or Patreon! Anything will help. Http://www.patreon.com/disneymeals
- layered yellow cake with pink and chocolate insides
- little cheesecake with strawberry
- Ratatouille (Ego’s mom’s style)
- Ratatoulle (Remy style)
- Pheasant comsume (don’t boil)
- mimolette cheese
- sole meuniere
- old wrapper
- chateau latour
- Sweetbread a la gusteau
- Microwave tooth pick’n chicken
- yellow pepper
- dried meat
- omelette with basil, peppers, cheese
- Roasted duck with red onions and carrots
- Remy’s soup
- tiered cake with heart on top
- Salade Compossee with peppers, shallots, asparigus
- seared scallops with beurre blanc – with caviar
- Sliced fillet mignon
- Sou vide Salmon Roullade
- Cake with glaze and raspberries
- Pudding with raspberry on top
- cake with pink frosting
- Gusteau’s Souffle
- Seared Beef and Wild Rice
- Lightningy roasted mushroom
- cheese and strawberry
- red onions
- garbage broccoli
- garbage strawberry
- poisoned apple core
- Mille-feuille with twist of lemon
Giant Rat-Sized Cheesecake
Ok, this is shown right at the end when the camera is panning through Remy’s rat restaurant. A little rat has a little cheesecake.
So we made little cheesecakes of our own.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup strawberries, halved
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line a mini cupcake tin pan with paper liners.
- Combine graham cracker, butter and sugar in a small bowl.
- Divide crust evenly into the bottom of the lined cupcake tin.
- Bake for 5-6 minutes or until golden brown.
- Take out of the oven and cool completely.
- Meanwhile assemble the cheesecake filling. Beat cream cheese in a stand mixer with the paddle attachment.
- Add in sour cream, sugar, eggs and vanilla. Mix until combined. Make sure to scrap the sides of the bowl.
- Pour cheesecake mixture into cooled cupcake tin. It will be about 1 tablespoons of filling each. Fill almost all the way to the top.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until the cheesecakes are set. It will help to place an oven-safe bowl full of water in the oven as well. It will keep the cheesecake moist.
- They will still jiggle a bit. Do not over cook them. If they start to crack they are getting over cooked.
- Allow them to cool in the muffin tin completely. Place in the refrigerator to chill (4-8 hrs) and serve cold with your favorite toppings.
- Add strawberries, lemon juice and sugar to a small saucepan. Simmer on low for 15 minutes, mashing up strawberries with the back of a wooden spoon. Take off heat and allow to cool.
- Place in a food processor and pulse until creamy and thick. Place back in the fridge and serve cold.
Ms. Ego’s Ratatouille
This was the ratatouille shown in Anton Ego’s flashback.
Just like his mom used to make
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus more as needed
- 1 diced yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 baby diced eggplant, skin on
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 diced green bell peppers
- 1 diced red bell peppers
- 1 diced zucchini squash
- 1 diced yellow squash
- 2 peeled, seeded and chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat olive oil in a pan.
- Add the onions and garlic
- Cook the onions, stirring occasionally, until they are wilted and lightly caramelized, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the eggplant and thyme to the pan and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the eggplant is partially cooked, about 3 minutes.
- Add the green and red peppers, zucchini, and squash and continue to cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, basil, parsley, and salt and pepper, to taste
- Cover and let simmer for 20-30 minutes to allow the flavors to mix.
Remy was a genius to make this Ratatouille.
Oh man, it was AMAZING.
- 1 red pepper sliced in half, seeds and ribs removed
- 1/2 yellow or orange pepper, seeds and ribs removed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup finely diced yellow onion
- 3 tomatoes (about 12 ounces total weight), peeled, seeded, and finely diced, juices reserved
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 2 sprigs flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 a bay leaf
- Kosher salt
- 1 zucchini
- 1 summer squash
- 1 eggplant
- 3 roma tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon thyme leaves
- Kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Assorted fresh herbs (thyme flowers, chervil, thyme)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place pepper halves on a foil-lined sheet, cut side down.
- Roast until skin loosens, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let rest until cool enough to handle. Peel and chop finely. This makes the piperade.
- Combine oil, garlic, and onion in medium skillet over low heat until very soft but not browned, about 8 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, their juices, thyme, parsley, and bay leaf.
- Simmer over low heat until very soft and very little liquid remains, about 10 minutes, do not brown; add peppers and simmer to soften them.
- Season to taste with salt, and discard herbs.
- Puree in a blender and spread on bottom of a ~12 in. round baking pan (can be smaller)
- Heat oven to 275 degrees. Using a mandoline, thinly slice the zucchini, yellow squash, eggplant, and tomatoes.
- Down center of the pan, arrange a strip of alternating slices of vegetables over piperade, overlapping so that 1/4 inch of each slice is exposed.
- Repeat until pan is filled; all vegetables may not be needed.
- Mix garlic, oil, and thyme leaves in bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle over vegetables.
- Cover with parchment paper.
- Bake until vegetables are tender when tested with a paring knife, about 2 hours.
- Uncover and bake for 30 minutes more.
- For vinaigrette, combine 1 tbsp piperade, oil, vinegar, herbs, and salt and pepper to taste in a bowl. Drizzle vinaigrette around plate. Serve hot.
Will it Take you Back to the Innocence of your Childhood?
I wish I made more of Remy’s ratatouille. That was the best.
Cheesecake – 10/10
Ms. Ego’s Ratatouille – 8.5/10
Remy’s Ratatouille – 10/10
A big thank you to our Patrons (http://www.patreon.com/disneymeals)