I finally got to see Finding Dory. I sadly didn’t get to see it in theaters. Luckily, it was released on Netflix right before doing this post. I thought it was a good sequel, but not better than the first. Sadly, it didn’t show much food at all.
Its kinda crazy that this is the second to last post before we’re all caught up. Sorry it isn’t a huge post, and Moana won’t be huge either, but it will at least be fun.
Also, if you have enjoyed this blog, be sure to check out our patreon! www.patreon.com/disneymeals
- Fish Bites
These were consumed by Hank when he and Dory were waiting in the stroller for the signal.
They are one of our favorite type of cracker and they were really fun to make. I did accidentally overcook them a bit and didn’t have a fish-shaped cutter, but other than that, they were great.
- 8 ounces, Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 4 Tablespoons Butter, Cut Into Cubes
- 1 cup Flour
- ¾ teaspoons Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Water
- Recommended: A small fish-shaped cookie cutter
- Pulse everything (except water) together in the food processor until the dough resembles coarse sand.
- Pulse in water, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Remove dough from the processor, wrap in plastic, and chill for 20 minutes.
- Roll out the dough and cut fish shapes. You can use a toothpick to make the eyes and smile if desired.
- Place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 12-15 minutes, or until crispy.
I was amazed of how similar the Fish Bites tasted to Gold Fish crackers. They were delicious and pretty easy to make.
Fish Bites – 8/10