Quick links: Fish and Chips | Verdict
Just keep swimmin’ just keep swimmin! This week we had the privilege of watching Finding Nemo. One of the greatest Pixar movies of all time. This was only the second movie not to show any food. So we’re making some food that will make you sad after watching the movie.
- None. Fish are friends not food.
Fish and Chips
So…even though fish are friends and not food, we made fish and chips. It’s all thanks to Marlin’s quote at the first of the movie when Nemo goes to school. “They’ve just got to grow up som – THE DROP OFF? THEY’RE GOING TO THE DROP OFF? WHAT ARE YOU, INSANE? WHY DON’T WE FRY THEM UP NOW AND SERVE THEM WITH CHIPS? ”
So here’s a recipe for fish and chips (beer battered of course, this is Australia).
Marlin's Fish and Chips
Write a review
- 225g (1 1/2 cups) self-raising flour
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 375ml (1 1/2 cups) chilled Australian beer
- Salt & black pepper
- Vegetable oil, to deep-fry
- 8 (about 120g each) white fish fillets (such as cod, halibut, flathead or whiting)
- Lemon Wedges to serve
- 4 large unpeeled potatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400ºF
- Toss potato wedges with olive oil, salt and pepper
- Put in oven for 40 minutes. (flipping halfway through)
- Meanwhile, place egg in a bowl and whisk lightly stir in flour until combined.
- Gradually whisk in the beer until batter is smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to rest.
- Heat 2 inch oil to 375ºF
- Dip the fish into the batter, shake off excess
- Place into oil.
- Deep fry until golden brown (4-5 mins)
Will it make you keep swimming?
The fish and chips were good. Not the best I’ve ever had, but still yummy
Fish – 8/10
Chips – 8/10