I hope everyone had a great Holiday break! This week we have one of the few lackluster Disney/Pixar movies – Monster’s University. It really isn’t a horrible movie, but it is pretty forgettable and the story is just meh. It is kinda like a straight to video Disney sequel. No worries, only one more Disney/Pixar bust to go, which is Good Dinosaur. There wasn’t much food in the movie, but here are a couple recipes.
Be My Pal Cupcakes
Randall, who was very un-randallish bakes some yummy cupcakes.
I decided to make these cupcakes as monstrous as possible. They were monstrously good!
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup caramel sauce
- 3 (1.4 ounce) bars chocolate covered toffee, chopped
- Line cupcake pan with foil cupcake liners.
- Make cupcakes from devil's food cake mix according to package directions, but mix in the chopped chocolate toffee; cool on wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Using the end of a wooden spoon, poke a hole in the top of each cupcake, making sure not to go through to the bottom.
- Use a toothpick and make a bunch of other holes in the top of each cupcake
- In a saucepan over low heat, combine sweetened condensed milk and caramel sauce, stirring until smooth and blended.
- Slowly pour the warm caramel mixture on top of each cupcake, letting it sink in.
- Let cupcakes cool completely.
- Frost with white frosting and use red icing for the lettering
Pizza is shown a couple times. When Mike is touring the school, he goes into the cafeteria and they serve garbage with pizza.
Then when he and sully are chasing the pig, Sully, grabs pepperoni pizza from a fellow classmate.
I went out and found a monster-y looking food, a horned melon. I have always wanted to try one of these. They were….not amazing, but not bad. Kinda like a gooier, more bitter honeydew melon.
I added that plus some random garbage onto a oven-cooked pizza.
It didn’t taste that great, but hey, I’m not a monster.
I highly recommend Randall’s monster cupcakes! You can skip on the garbage pizza and horned melon,
Be My Pal Cupcakes – 9/10
Garbage Pizza – 6.5/10