Quick links: Hazelnut Cake | Orange Cake | Christmas Ribs | Verdict
Its Christmastime! What better way to celebrate Christmas than with some yummy foods from Frozen! There wasn’t TONS of new food shown…and most of the food in the movie was desserts. So that’s perfect for your Holiday festivities! We’re going to be off for a couple weeks after this. So enjoy and happy Holidays!
Also, remember to check out our patreon!
- Red pie
- Giant sandwiches
- Hot chocolate
- Summer drink
- Pickled fish
- Huge yellow cake
- Hazelnut cake
- Orange Cake Bundt
- Pink Cake
- Fruits and veggies
Chilly Hazelnut Cake
While prepping for the festivities, there is a huge pile of treats.
One is a thin cake with a chocolate ganache on top. I looked at some Norwegian recipes and this is a hazelnut cake that looks really similar. It is kinda like a cookie cake, but still awesome.
- 3⁄4 cup hazelnuts
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (or milk chocolate)
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease the bottom of one 10 inch springform pan.
- Reserve 8 whole nuts for garnish.
- Pulse the remaining nuts in a food processor until ground, and reserve 1 tablespoon of ground nuts for garnish.
- Melt margarine or butter in a small saucepan over low heat, cool.
- In a large bowl beat eggs, sugar, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract until thick and lemon colored (about 2 to 3 minutes).
- Add flour, baking powder, salt, and ground nuts, mix well.
- Continue to beat mixture while slowly adding the cooled melted butter or margarine until blended (mixture will be thick).
- Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F.
- for 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes then remove sides of pan.
- Remove pan bottom and invert onto a serving plate.
- Cover with a cloIn a medium saucepan bring whipping cream just to a boil, take off heat and stir in the semi-sweet chocolate chips (or milk chocolate) until melted and smooth.
- Stir in 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Spread glaze over top of cooled cake, allowing it to run down the sides.
- Top with Raspberries
Orange Bundt Cake
A Bundt cake is shown a couple times in the movie. Well turns out there is Norwegian Orange Cake, which is typically made for Easter.
- 160g (1⅓ cups) flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder180g (3/4 cup) butter, softened
- 200g (1 cup) sugar
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- Grated zest of 1 orange
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 75ml (1/3 cup) orange juice
- Heat the oven to 175C/350F degrees. In a medium bowl, sift together the flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Using a standing or hand mixer, this should take 3 to 5 minutes. One at a a time, making sure they are each incorporated before you add the next, add the eggs to the mixture.
- Next, beat in the orange zest, orange extract and orange juice to the butter mixture. The mixture might a look a little odd once you add the orange juice, but it will all come together once you mix in the dry ingredients
- Fold the flour mixture into the butter mixture and combine until the cake batter is even and without streaks.
- Pour the batter into a greased and floured bundt pan, then bake for 45 to 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool into the pan for 45-60 minutes on a cooling rack, then remove from the mold.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve.
So this is an inspired recipe that they would eat at the time and place of Frozen. It is ribs prepared as they do for Christmas in Norway
- 4lbs Ribs (I used back ribs, but spareribs or St. Lewis cut ribs would be better)
- 3 tbs salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- 1 cup water
- 2-4 tbs butter
- Mix the salt and pepper together
- Rub the ribs with the salt and pepper, let it sit in the fridge for 4+ hours (can be overnight)
- Preheat oven to 450F
- Line a cookie sheet with tin foil
- Place the ribs on the cookie sheet
- Pour the water in the sheet around the ribs
- Cover tightly with foil and cook for 40 minutes
- Remove foil, lower temp to 400F
- Cook for 2 more hours
- Remove and serve with gravy made from rib droppings
All of the food was delicious. The ribs might be the best I’ve ever eaten. They weren’t saucy bbq ribs, but they were tender and mouth-watering
Hazelnut Cake – 9/10
Orange Cake – 9/10
Ribs – 10/10
A big thank you to our Patrons (http://www.patreon.com/disneymeals)
One thought on “Frozen – Hazelnut cake, Orange Cake, Bonus Christmas Ribs”
Pingback: 12 Things I have Learned by Making All the Food In Disney Movies | DisneyMeals